Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Power of Dreams

I believe in one simple maxim: dreams are reality waiting to happen. The magic that makes that possible, to weave the ethereal into the fabric of existence is will and faith. Faith...can truly move mountains as long as there is will, that soul of faith. Sometimes dreams are all we have. The world can take away your wealth, your home, the very ground you stand on. But no one can take your dreams unless you let them. In that single possession we all have lies forever the possibility of redemption, of ascension, of immortality. When one allows their dreams to be taken, that is the true meaning of the word poverty.

Despite the battering of every day on your head, each second of life slipping through your fingers to create the barrens of yesterday, there is always the sky with its twinkling wonders and worlds waiting to be made real, visited upon this malleable slate called Earth. Never settle for less than one of those stars. Reach as far as you can, strain for all that you're worth, and should you fall you can always stand back up and try again. There is no shame in failure, only surrender.

And so I look at my life, stripped of all I once had. I have nothing left save my dreams and in the end that is all I need. From them I shall build empires, discover new worlds, and most importantly: be heard.

My voice shall transcend me and my dreams shall fire the souls of others. Oh, the blazing light of the horizon as each of you emerge from the dark abyss of fading day, scorching away a greying, pallid shade as your shattered, fallen stars rise and coalesce into a triumphant orb of flaring gold. The world shall regain color and the distance made bare as we remove the veil between waking and sleeping lands. We will see clearly the paths of Destiny waiting for us to follow, establishing cities of Fate along the way, a growing kingdom of fantasy, myth, and vision fashioned in the world of Men.

The beauty of possibility. Will you not join me on my journey?

No comments: