Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Insomnia

I really do believe I have a sleeping disorder. Granted, working nights doesn't help. Man was never meant to be a nocturnal animal. Yet, during the day I am unable to sleep for more than three to four hours at a time. Sure, I'm able to get eight hours. Just not connected. Trust me, those gaps between sleeping times seem to grow ever wider the longer I'm awake and the more days of screwed up napping I get.

Part of the problem lies in the fact of people having no manners. Family and friends know that I sleep during the day yet call anyway. Then there is my brother's cat who loves to smack me on the head while I'm sleeping because, God knows, I'm supposed to be awake and giving her attention every waking minute. Women. Doesn't matter the species.

If fatigue were the only problem it wouldn't bother me as much. But there are the side effects, namely hallucinating. I swear I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye. It gets real freaky since, as I said, I work nights. Do you know what it's like to see shadows move? I feel like I'm in my own personal horror movie. All I need now is an auditory hallucination of someone calling my name and I swear I am going to crack.

Then there are the weird dreams that I have when I actually do sleep. I'm always flying. Always. Throw in the occassional time travel adventure, sex (I don't know why that keeps cropping up in my dreams nor the strange individuals I end up screwing), and the weird quests I end up taking and one wonders why I'd rather sleep than deal with the real world. I guess I value to surreal over the real any day.

Enough on my personal travails. I have to go into work early tonight. One of my fellow co-workers decided to quit...without notice. A real insufferable moron. So now I get to help shoulder the burden in his absence. Pray for me. Please!!!

I promise a real treat for tomorrow's post. I am going to list all my phobias. Trust me, it will be a sizable list.

No comments: