Friday, April 27, 2007

Five questions, five people...

Hello hello,

So I've been tasked with answering five questions which are to follow. To explain what I am doing, I will take a quote from the origin of this endeavor, Rhys:

...this meme is unique in that it works more like an ongoing interview. Somebody began by asking someone 5 questions, who had to answer them honestly. (haha!)

Here are the meme 'rules':
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
6. Originally, the rule offered a cap off at five people so you could get a break, but my nosy self can ask questions all day long, so I don't care.

What follows are my questions and the answers I gave:

1)Which five words describe you best?

Observant, creative, irrational, curious, and idealistic

2)A super-advanced think tank with outlandish resources including time travel hands you a list of names of the people who will commit the most heinous, horrifying crimes in the next ten years. You are given the option of hunting these people down and 'eliminating' them, before they have a chance to commit those crimes. Do you do it? Why/why not?

I would have to travel a bit forward in time to see what the long term results of these actions would be, meaning the criminals’ and not mine. Maybe in allowing these men to commit the crimes legislation can be put forward to prevent further atrocities. Maybe humanity will learn from the horror to grow and change. If we had killed Hitler then a true moderate democratic German state never would have emerged, eugenics would have remained a feasible science, Communism would have threatened Europe and the world even worse than it did in our timeline, the German people would have remained immensely militaristic and caught up in the lie that there was a stab in the back, racism would have remained acceptable (the Holocaust aided in causing many to rethink what was the eventual latter stage of racist doctrine), and I could go on. Sure, as a human being and a utilitarian I believe in doing what is best for humanity, but that utilitarianism orders me to do what is best for the overall construct. If a bit of pain leads to immense reform, I have to go with the bit of pain. You leave an infection alone too long and it can lead to terminal problems.

3)A fairy (the wish-granting kind) shows up and offers you a deal: Tomorrow morning, you can wake up and every wish you ever wanted, everything you ever desired, will be yours. Wealth, health, love...you've got it...with just one minor catch: you have to spend your life as the opposite gender, as you will be transformed upon having all your wishes granted. Do you do it? Why or why not?

No way! I would have to alter a part of me to complete the rest?!? Part of my wishes are driven by my very sex. Having to relearn life; you know, walking in high heels, what clothes work best for me, having to deal with that “time of the month” only to face menopause. It sounds like too much hassle despite having everything else I’ve ever wanted.

4)You are given the opportunity to travel back into your past and change one thing. What would it be? Or would you not do it?

This is a hard question. Deep down, despite all I’ve been through, I know it has made me who I am. To negate a part is to reject the whole. I may not like my life but it has been an interesting adventure. If I had to go back, though, the only thing I’d change is the way my father raised the siblings and I. I would have asked him not to move around so much, to think before he spoke, and to encourage us and our endeavors. My childhood was a little too lonely for someone with five brothers and sisters.

5)Describe your favorite color to a blind person who has never seen it. (You'll have to be creative and use other senses besides sight...fun! And to make it extra fun, don't say what the color is, so we can try to guess it.)

It starts with a word or a touch, something personal that draws like from your soul. It is warm and soothing, sweet to the touch though it might cause a tinge of embarrassment when you feel it beginning. Yet you don’t really mind, realizing it is your body speaking what you yourself are too afraid to utter; your tongue dry and swollen. Your nerves come to life when it surges out, a little secret that enflames your face. You sense giddiness as it emerges, your heart skipping and ceasing. You feel lightheaded as you fly through the heavens of your thoughts. It is emotion playing across your body, tingling each and every pore as it passes. If you listen closely, you can hear the thundering of your heart following the lightning you sense beneath the surface. It is honesty, coy honesty. And you only hope in its revelation you might receive an answer as to whether they feel the same. That…is my favorite color.

No comments: