Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just shut up about VT!!!

I'm going to keep today's blog short due to the fact that the subject matter has me completely incensed on a personal level. I am thoroughly disgusted by American media's handling of the events at Virginia Tech as well as the actions of many Americans surrounding this tragedy. The sheer shallowness of my culture is enough to make me feel disgusted at being an American.

Below is a comment I made on a messageboard after a fucking moron made the statement that Comedy Central should have pulled the latest South Park episode due to it concerning the shooting of various characters. Afterall, "America had had enough death."

Dear God, why is everyone hyping on VT?!?!? One commentator said it best when asked, "How are we going to stop events like this?" His answer: "Stop talking about them." It's so vogue to mourn individuals dying. Everyone can say I'm being distasteful but I say the reverse. All of you are demeaning what happened by blowing this entire event out of proportion. You are making one man's vile actions into something worthy of scrutiny, attention, and public reaction. That is why these figures continually do what they do. They are making a statement. If you truly felt anything for these people, mourn respectfully. Either do it in private, at their service, or with friends and family. Stop hyping the living $hit out of it. These individuals deserve better than to serve as the fodder of a madman and news ratings.

No comments: