Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Life...ugh

Ok, I am horribly upset. I spent an hour and a half typing out my political platform for President (I might type it out again tonight. I don't know and it's a long story) and lost the entire damn thing! All ten pages! Gone! God, why have you smitten my computer with this pox?!?!?

Oh well, I did manage to get an article up on Drivl. Earth shattering? Not really, but at least someone dubbed my work worth electronic print.

I am sweating like crazy out here in the Midwest. Jesus, I feel so sticky. I have two fans on me at once and I'm still perspiring like a hog. I'm only 146 lbs. I don't have much to lose! I'm becoming the Incredible Shrinking Man!

So what to say now that I am still seething from the heat and losing an hour of my life? Eh, for fun I'll type out the twenty planks and probably elaborate on them tomorrow. And if you guys are willing to fund me as well as support me, hell, I'll actually run. Enjoy:

My Presidential Platform

1) Dissolution of Federal Reserve

2) Penal/Judicial Reform

3) Campaign Finance Reform

4) Replacement of Foreign Aid with Microloans

5) Sterilization of welfare recipients (trust me, it will make sense)

6) Privatization of Postal Service

7) Investment in alternative energy (beyond the farce we are seeing now)

8) English made the primary language (no, not xenophobic or racist)

9) Affirmative Action made illgeal (same as above)

10) Abortions legal to sixth month. After that only if threatening life of the mother.

11) Better border security. When I explain this you might agree or be horrified.

12) FCC stripped of censorship powers.

13) Term limits for all elected offices.

14) Legalization of drugs (listen to the argument before you scream!)

15) Corporate reform

16) End of athletics in elementary and secondary schools. Likewise, end to athletic scholarships.

17) End of the Cuban blockade

18) Flat Tax and a national VAT

19) Revocation of the "No Child Left Behind" Program

20) Spend as you go. In other words, a balanced budget.

No comments: