Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Balding Legs

It's common knowledge that some men, as they get older, go bald. Well, baldness is usually associated with the scalp. I, on the other hand, have discovered a whole new type of baldness: leg baldness.

Now I don't know when this started. All I know is today I looked down at my legs and discovered I was beginning to develop hairless patches on my calves. Yes, hairless patches! My legs are going bald! What the hell is going on?!?!?

Of course fears of radiation or maybe leprosy began to fill my mind, but I know that is simply bollocks. So what is going on? Have I mutated? Maybe I am the next stage in human evolution. You know, the gradual de-hairing of humanity until we're all smooth. Odd thought.

So anyway, I've ordered a few books to help out in comic book scriptwriting as well as have begun research into how to properly pitch my ideas along with how to contact and find said publishers. Wish me luck on this endeavor. God knows my ideas have proven thus far to be way too out there for the regular book publisher. Likewise my schedule is becoming so packed I do not have the time anymore to write novels. Besides, the process really burns me out. After writing a novel a year for the past three years (not counting my blogs, poetry, a screenplay, a slew of short stories, etc.) I am really beginning to drag.

Now this comic book idea, oh, I love it. I've already begun the brainstorming, visualizing exactly how I want to lay it out, etc.

Now I know it will be difficult breaking in. Most publishers want either an artist or an artist/writer, not simply a writer. I have to wow 'em with my material in order to get that chance. If any of you guys happen to have some "inside information" then for the love of God send it my way!

On the weird side, I've been feeling more and more uncomfortable with the increasingly obsessive stalking my supervisor is subjecting a co-worker to. It's just giving the workplace a real "Fatal Attraction" vibe. There is way too much double-talking and passive aggressive behavior going on around here which I need to steer clear of. When the two of them are together they seem happy as can be. Always cracking jokes, playfully taunting each other, yada yada. But once my supervisor leaves, the co-worker turns into a completely different person. She visibly cringes whenever we mention the guy.

For those out of "the know", my co-worker is a major tease. She is unbearably friendly with an incredibly sweet personality which naturally draws people to her (one reason I feel a bit ill whenever she says, "hi". You could say I am socially diabetic). She loves to hug, talk, and invade your personal life at every opportunity.

Well, my supervisor is the type of guy who doesn't really date much (if you saw him you'd know why) so the entire staff has come to the conclusion that he has simply misread the co-worker's actions since he is not used to attractive women treating him well. It all started with the co-worker needing a ride. As she discovered how easily she could manipulate him it grew into a lot more.

The co-worker has taken his attention and abused it using my supervisor for rides, various dinners, clubbing, etc. The warning signs have cropped up, but she ignores them. When a guy tells you he wants to introduce you to his parents you know it's getting serious, well, at least in his mind. Of course she talks to other guys right in front of him so I don't know exactly what kind of twisted relationship these two actually view themselves in.

The co-worker told me that she feels obligated to flirt with our supervisor. The most recent incident involved my supervisor taking the co-worker to the dentist (after she'd complained about not having a ride), paying for her visit (how the hell that came about I still don't know especially since another co-worker also offered to pay for her bill. Where the hell are all these people finding this spare money?!?!?), and then buying her a Tickle Me Elmo afterwards as a sign he was listening to her rambling conversation (she had told him she'd always wanted one).

Now why she consistently keeps accepting gifts, rides, and offers from the guy without facing the reality that eventually she is either going to have to put out or really piss him off by breaking this off I do not know. It is the latter I am really feeling a bit nervous about. I dread my supervisor going postal and shooting the place up. I know, I am really taking this line of thinking to the extreme.

By the by, I should be on my way. More exercising to do. I've had to lay off my legs for a bit due to straining the Achille's tendon in my left foot. Going up and down stairs is a real bitch. So I'll leave you all until tomorrow.

No comments: