Friday, March 30, 2007

In the Beginning...


I've decided to transfer my posts from the official site of my novel over here to help "spread the word" so to say. Being a struggling writer with limited marketing funds, I have to use any tools at my disposal to draw an audience. I hope you enjoy the content and should you enjoy my work then buy my book. Trust me, it is a fun ride.

Words unheard
Form unseen
It was as if
I'd never been.
I am a mistake
Pending conclusion
No destined purpose
Save dissolution.
***
I am condemned,
This body warped and weathered
By the raging storm.
My façade has been bitten by age
Holes chewed from my hide
Serving as peep holes
Into my hollow exterior.
Shadows push into the crevices
Filling me with insubstantial shadow
That sole occupant
Of my empty soul.
***
Angry
Bitter
Confused by complications
I plunge beneath amber waves
Towards the bottom of the bottle
Tasting sweet poison,
Oh that bitter taste of the abyss.
The darkness surrounds me,
Fills me,
Veils my eyes.
As the waves go still
And my rippling pain goes placid,
My heart slows
And my numb grip slackens.
Decisions dissolve
And I revert to a simpler state.
The conscious drowns
As what hides in the dark ascends,
A resurrection of pale innocence.
It carries me towards the heavens
Escaping the world and my place
Until sobriety reincarnates
And I fall again
Into this unhappy life.

No comments: